Sunday, August 30, 2009

Vegan - Day 6


I am officially a DC resident!!!  Moved in Tuesday morning and couldn't be happier.  My apartment is completely put together and I start classes tomorrow.  I also hung out with a bunch of college girlfriends who live down here, which has been great since I really don't know that many people.  Today D and Em (two of the girls I know) took me down to the Eastern Market.  I was in heaven!!  It is the huge flea market with tons of fresh fruits, vegetables, and flowers.  The market also has a ton of jewelry, glassware and furniture booths.  There were free samples everywhere, so I basically ate nothing but fresh tomatoes, apples, and other fruits and veggies all day.  


I have also been cooking a lot and eating a ton of fresh fruits and vegetables for the last week.  Going vegan in the summer/fall time of year is probably the easiest time, since almost all fruits and vegetables are in season and taste amazing!  My slow cooker just beeped with my dinner, which smells great.  It is a vegan stew with potatoes, mushrooms, peas, broccoli, onions, and garlic.  Being vegan so far has been pretty good, and I haven't strayed yet.  Hopefully I'll stay on track.

Tomorrow I start my first day of classes :-o!  I'm heading down to school in the AM to work on my resume and do some assignments.  My landlord, who is great, now wants me to forward her my resume so she can help me find a job, so I am definitely hoping something pans out.  

On a more negative note, I have a broken toe :(.  Last week while staying with Bf I fell down the stairs entering the subway (I am a h.u.g.e. klutz).  I thought I was fine, but my toe has been getting pretty swollen after walking around all day and hurts a bunch.  This puts a small damper on the whole working out/getting in shape plan, but eventually it will get better.  I'm having the greatest time in DC so far, a broken toe is the last thing that will bring me down!!

Time for some dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment