Saturday, August 22, 2009

Life as a brunette

With only two days left before I leave for DC (finally!!), I've spent the last few in NYC hanging out with the  Bf.  Unfortunately for me, the Bf isn't going to be living in DC for the year.  He is attending NYU for the year to become a kickass tax attorney.  Although this makes my life more complicated, hopefully it will mean I'll actually get work done instead of being lazy and laying around (which is, quite frankly, one of our favorite activities).  

I did manage to completely surprise him Thursday evening when I showed up at his doorstep with dark brown hair, which for the previous 3 1/2 years has been blonde.  Jury is still out on whether he likes it, although he did say he preferred the blonde.  Not exactly something I'm too worried about since I'll be in DC for the year and he won't even see it that often. 

Since I've been in NYC the past three days most all motivations have ceased.  I haven't quite told the Bf about my blog yet, or the fact that I plan to go vegan once I get to DC.  While I'm sure this is some huge relationship no-no, I would prefer to actually succeed in some manner before telling him.  There is a distinct possibility this plan will go down in a ball of flames - most likely due to my love affair with ice cream - so until there is some progress I'm staying mum.  Well, mum except for everyone reading the blog!

I'm currently sitting in his apartment and contemplating the fact that I'm hungry and we haven't eaten dinner yet.  It is now 9pm on a Saturday and he's already doing schoolwork.  He is quite possibly as smart as Einstein and works 10 x harder than me (evidenced by the fact that he's studying as I'm blogging).  Maybe I should get to work...

yuck- school.

DC in T-48 hours!! 

PS-- I realize blogs without pictures are uber boring, hopefully this will change in the future :)

PPS-- Having 'followers' of my blog is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.  I haven't even met you yet Aliya and I already love you!

2 comments:

  1. dudeeee. welcome to the blog world! had no clue you were moving to DC. should be fun! wait til you hear where I am moving.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I have a feeling I'll be loving lots of you once you're finally here!! Can't wait to meet, I've heard so much about you! :)

    ReplyDelete