Monday, August 17, 2009

Packing :-\

Lesson learned today:  Going from a one bedroom unfurnished apartment to a fully furnished one room studio leads to a serious consolidation of belongings.  When I moved back from Miami I packed 19 boxes, not mention four massive suitcases of clothing.  Clearly that amount of stuff is not going to fit into a 450 square foot apartment with one closet.  Unfortunately, even after going through and 'consolidating' my belongings, I still have nine boxes.  Nine flippin' boxes of stuff and no idea where it is all going to go.  And this isn't even including clothing, which I haven't even started to put together.  Tomorrow is round two: Meg v. Boxes.  Hopefully I can knock out at least 4-5 more, but I doubt it, I'm far too attached to stuff.

I also updated my resume yesterday, although the idea of getting a job in DC is frightening.  My LL.M. program has only 18 people in it, more than half of which are practicing attorneys.  And I'm not positive, but I have a gut feeling the mock trial I did my second year of law school is going to pale in comparison to the work these attorneys have done.  The idea of having a job while trying to compete with my more experienced classmates is a little more than daunting.  However, my classes are from 6-9 every night, and if I feel lazy now, it is only going to get worse if I have nothing to do all day in DC.  

Plus, in the long run, when I have nothing to do I snack, and snack... and snack.  As shown by today when, as I stayed home and packed all day, I proceeded to also snack all day.  The vegan plan was clearly not on my radar most of the day as evidenced by the cheese and crackers I had as a snack and the chicken tortellini my mom made for dinner.  Tomorrow is another day though, and I've already started to print and save recipes for when I head to DC.  T-7 days till I will be moving into my new apartment!! Can't wait!

P.S.  As if it weren't obvious enough from this post- there is n.o.t.h.i.n.g. exciting going on in my life at this moment.  While I am moving to DC in one week (that is decidedly exciting), my day-to-day this week is about as exciting as a three hour french film when you don't speak french.  Hopefully future posts won't continue to bore your face off.    

No comments:

Post a Comment