Saturday, August 15, 2009

And so it begins...

Ok, so I'm not quite inside the beltway yet, but I did find an apartment, so consider this the inaugural post.  A little bit about me: I just graduated from law school in Miami and miss it more than anything.  I also just took the bar exam, and I'm pretty sure I'll be taking it again next summer (but that's another post).  So here I am, post-bar exam, without a job, and moving to Washington, DC in less than two weeks for even more school.  And as I mentioned, I found an apartment!!


So now that I have an apartment, I've turned to what exactly I'm going to do for the next nine months while I'm in DC.  Studies show that people remember things in triplicates*, so hopefully that theory of three will transfer to goals - because three is what I've got:  

1.  I'm moving to DC to get my LL.M. in Litigation and Dispute Resolution, and hopefully figuring out some sort of life beyond being a student between now and the end of my twenty-second year of school (and I'm only twenty-five).  

2.  I've also started to feel lazy, reeeallllly lazy.  And although I've become extremely out of shape, I have yet to get off my ass and work out.   So maybe writing about it and documenting my laziness (or hopefully lack thereof) will get me moving.  

3.  Finally, I made the mistake of reading the book Skinny Bitch after I took the bar this summer.  If you ever want to thoroughly enjoy filet mignon again, I don't recommend it.  Needless to say, I have decided to explore other, meatless options.  That is not to say this whole plan has started quite yet, being that I had chinese food for dinner.  But, I'm still in Jersey and I can guarantee that if I mentioned going vegan to my mother, she would laugh and stick a steak in front of me.    

So, to sum this all up, I had chinese food for dinner.  Prior to dinner I was on the phone with K discussing blog titles and explaining my plan.  Along with my chinese food was the usual fortune cookie.  Normally fortune cookies say random things which, quite frankly, make little sense.  My cookie tonight was not one of those cookies.  The fortune is now taped to my computer, along with one other fortune (but that is for another post).  Tonight, my fortune said, "You identified the issue, now bring the attention to it."

How ironic.  And so it begins...

I think I'll have some fruit.


*I have no clue what studies, don't ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment